Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fire in stall

Fire broke out in one of the stalls just before the inaguration of the function. The accident happend in an eatable shop. Fire extinguishers were ready at the venue which prevented fire from spreading futher. District Collector Mr.Gagandeep Singh Bedi rushed to the scene within seconds and put things in order. Power supply was put down immediately and fire was put out in less than a minute.This time thoughtfully 'tin sheets' were used instead of thatch roofs. If thatch roofs were used, Cuddalore would have seen yet another tragedy. The speed with which the fire was put out shows the level of preparedness by the district adminstration.




2 comments:

S.Karthikeyan said...

Gagan may be one of the best collector.

Jean-Claude said...

Certainly he IS.